ESTC ‘Employment Skills Training Cluster’ is a government-funded locally recognised ‘Skill Cluster’. Skill Clusters are made up of either a single unit or a group of units (from any national training package or accredited course), where that group of units does not comprise either a full qualification or a skill set.
This page is designed to assist training providers report their ESTC training activity to STELA correctly to ensure the format complies with national AVETMISS reporting requirements and flows through to the Skills and Employment payment system.
1. Create state fund source ‘EPA’ in your Student Management System
- Fund Source – State Training Authority:
- Code: EPA
- Description: Employment Projects Accredited
- Fund Source – National: 11 Commonwealth and state general purpose recurrent
2. Create a new program in your Student Management System (SMS)
- Program Name: Employment Specific Training Cluster X (X being a number 1 through to 10)
- Program Identifier: ESTCX (X being a number 1 through to 10)
- Nominal hours: Cannot be blank (Total nominal hours of program)
- Program recognition identifier: 16 (Locally recognised skill set)
- Program level of education identifier: 991 Statement of attainment not identifiable by level
- Program field of education identifier: can be blank
- ANZSCO identifier: can be blank
- VET flag: Y
3. Enrol students into the relevant ESTCX in your SMS
Ensure you include your relevant Purchasing Contract Identifier - begins with 'JF' OR 'PR'- followed by 6 numeric characters.
4. Update the outcomes and start and finish dates of each unit/module
Upon completion of each unit/module associated with the ESTC program, update the outcomes and start and finish dates of each unit/module.
As the program is a state-based skills cluster do not provide a Parchment number or issue date in your NAT00130 file.
5. Generate your NAT files and validate via AVS
NOTE: When generating your NAT files your SMS must generate a NAT00030A file. Failure to do this will result in your ESTC training activity not being reported in your NAT files and will result in non-payment. Please speak to your software vendor if you are having issues generating a NAT00030A file.
6. Upload your NAT files to STELA NAT upload
Once your NAT files have successfully validated via AVS, upload your NAT files to STELA NAT upload.