Publicly funded VET in South Australia
The South Australian Government provides funding for over 700 Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualifications.
All Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) operating in South Australia have the opportunity to receive funding for the delivery of courses and skill sets that are published on the Subsidised Training List (STL).
The STL is a complete list of the qualifications you can get funding to deliver in South Australia. It has been created, and continues to be guided, by industry demand, market insights, trends, and training provider feedback.
Additionally, strategic projects support innovation in the training system providing the opportunity for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs), Group Training Organisations (GTOs), community services organisations and industry to propose and deliver innovative approaches to skilling and workforce development, and boosting the number of apprenticeships and traineeships. Projects are co-funded and co-designed with Government, business and industry.
What you need to do
- To deliver publicly funded VET you need to be contracted by the Department for Education (Skills SA). You can enquire about becoming a contractor by applying for a Funded Activities Agreement (FAA).
- Once approved, RTOs can deliver courses and skill sets that are published on the Subsidised Training List (STL) to eligible students. The course must also be on your approved ASQA scope.
- As a contractor, RTOs can deliver subsidised training on an ongoing basis by creating a subsidised training account and enrolling students in courses that are on the STL.
- You can check eligibility for financial or learning support for your business and students online.
- Access ongoing business and professional development support including resources, webinar recordings, publications, events, and toolkits through the Department for Education (Skills SA).