ESTC ‘Employment Skills Training Cluster’ is a government-funded locally recognised ‘Skill Cluster’. Skill Clusters are made up of either a single unit or a group of units (from any national training package or accredited course), where that group of units does not comprise either a full qualification or a skill set.
This page is designed to assist training providers report their ESTC training activity to STELA correctly to ensure the format complies with national AVETMISS reporting requirements and flows through to the Skills and Employment payment system.
1. Create an enrolment Template using the appropriate ESTC name and code (e.g. Name: Employment Specific Training Cluster 2. National Code: ESTC2)
- In the Search box for qualification/course/skillset, enter the ESTCX (X being a number 1 through to 10)
- Add the relevant unit(s) that make up the ESTC Program by searching on the national competency or module code.
- Save the template.
2. Enrol students into the ESTC program
- You select state fund source – Employment Projects Accredited (if this is not available for selection contact the STELA help desk)
- you include your relevant Purchasing Contract Identifier - begins with 'JF' OR 'PR'- followed by 6 numeric character
3. Update the outcomes and start and finish dates of each unit/module
Upon completion of each unit/module associated with the ESTC program, update the outcomes and start and finish dates of each unit/module. As the program is a state-based skill cluster do not enter a Parchment number or Issue date in STELA.