Masterclass - Foundation Skills for beginning practitioners
This masterclass is designed for practitioners seeking to build their skills in:
- identifying the foundation skills embedded within Units of Competency,
- navigating the ACSF to determine LLN requirements within vocational training,
- identifying training and assessment strategies,
- planning the integration of foundation skills in session plan and
- modifying current resources of address foundation skills relevant to learner needs.
The masterclass is mapped to TAELLN412 Assess resources and support to address foundation skills in vocational practice, and refresher and extension of TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills. There is an option to achieve a Statement of Attainment for all or some units on a co-contribution basis.
The masterclass will be delivered by Rebecca Spicer, Senior Lecturer for the Training and Education (TAE) Program with TAFE SA.
With 15 years’ experience as a VET practitioner, Rebecca has a wealth of knowledge in training delivery in online, blended and face to face contexts and expertise in designing and delivering vocational training and assessment that integrates foundations skills strategies.
Rebecca will be joined by guest speakers Max Lorenzin, Bonnie Hart and Minette McHugh from TAFE SA’s Foundation Skills Program. Our guest speakers bring with them extensive experience in working with VET practitioners to support the development of foundation skills of vocational students across diverse industry sectors and AQF levels.
For more information see Masterclasses.