Who we are
As the South Australian Government’s Department for Innovation and Skills, we play a lead role in shaping the state’s economic future.
We’re investing in quality training to:
- respond to increased demand in vocations and trades
- develop the skilled workforce industry needs
- provide more choice for students
- strengthen the future of the VET sector.
Why you should partner with us
We’re supporting Registered Training Organisations (RTOs), Group Training Organisations, community services organisations and industry to deliver subsidised training activities and develop staff capability.
By partnering with us, you can:
- apply for funding to deliver subsidised training activities in South Australia
- propose innovative projects that boost apprenticeships and traineeships
- build your own capability through professional development opportunities
- receive ongoing support from us to help you grow a sustainable business.
We’re helping you to do business better and thrive in a competitive market.
How to partner with us
To apply to deliver government subsidised activities, you need to apply and be approved for funding through a Funded Activities Agreement.
Depending on your organisation type, you can apply to deliver a range of activities, including:
- accredited training
- apprenticeships and traineeships
- non-accredited activities
For more information, see Contracting.
The State Government will partner with training organisations to deliver courses accessible through JobTrainer.
JobTrainer is investing in skills and training in priority sectors as the economy begins to recover and grow. Short courses and qualifications to support further training including apprenticeships and traineeships will be available to students at low cost, with more information including a course list to be announced soon.
How to build the capability of your staff
Professional development opportunities are available for VET practitioners and RTO staff to build capability and enhance the delivery of high quality training and assessment.
To get involved, see Building capability opportunities.