Industry and Training Provider forum on Friday 27 September
Strong relationships and collaboration between industry and training organisations are integral to a high-quality, responsive vocational education and training system that delivers the skills required by employers, now and into the future.
The forum will bring together representatives from industry and the training sector to network and explore solutions to achieve shared goals. You’ll hear from:
- Minister for Innovation and Skills, the Hon David Pisoni MP
- Mr Michael Boyce OAM, Chair of the Training and Skills Commission
- Ms Marie Paterson, Chair of the Construction, Mining and Energy Industry Skills Council and CEO of the Construction Industry Training Board
- The event will offer a facilitated activity to discuss and develop solutions for shared goals and solutions for vocational education and training.
Register now to attend in person or via live stream.
Please note that places are limited for in-person attendees and live streaming concludes before the facilitated session.
Where and when
Date: Friday, 27 September 2019
Event time: Lunch and networking 12.00pm - 12.30pm. Forum starts at 12.45pm and concludes at 4.00pm.
Live stream time: 12.45pm to 2.00pm
Location: Riverbank Rooms, Adelaide Convention Centre, North Terrace, Adelaide
Training Provider forum on Friday 6 December
Details about the final forum for 2019 will be provided soon.
At the first forum for 2019, we heard about economic conditions in South Australia and the influence on VET, and discussed Skilling South Australia initiatives to support growth and a high-quality VET sector.
The Minister for Industry and Skills, Hon. David Pisoni MP, announced the $1 million capability building program for the South Australian VET sector, which is delivering a series of professional development initiatives for VET practitioners and training organisations in 2019.
At the second forum, high calibre presenters spoke and answered questions about all things apprenticeships and traineeships, Skilling South Australia Projects and opportunities for entrepreneurial approaches in VET.
Speakers at this forum included:
- Ms Adrienne Nieuwenhuis, Deputy Chair of the Training and Skills Commission and Chair of the Education and Services Industry Skills Council
- Mr Troy Aitken, Executive Officer, Group Training Australia (SA)
- Mr Ja Turnbull, MEGT State Manager SA/WA
- Mr Darrel Tan, Operations Manager, Hessel Group / Enhance Training
- Mr Richard Finlayson, Managing Director, Quality Training and Hospitality College
- Ms Wendy Perry, Managing Director, Workforce BluePrint.