Finding your feet in the shift to delivering training online?
Looking to future-proof your skills and knowledge to deliver training in online and blended learning environments?
Over six weeks in July to September 2020, participants will learn by doing and enhance their ability to develop:
- an online delivery and assessment strategy
- style guides and blended resources
- effective learner engagement practices.
Learning is mapped to TAEDES503 Design and develop e-learning resources. Participants who complete the program and an (optional) assessment activity will receive a Statement of Attainment.
Register your interest now.
What will I learn and do?
This interactive professional development provides you with the opportunity to implement learning strategies in an online learning environment.
You will learn how to:
- create a structured approach to the design, development and delivery of online learning strategies
- facilitate strong participant/trainer relationships and promote engagement
- meet the fundamental principles of robust learning and assessment practice.
At the completion of the professional learning, you will have:
- developed an online learning strategy
- produced resources to support online and blended delivery for the courses you deliver
- produced evidence for TAEDES503 Design and develop e-learning resources.
Read the professional development program.
What is the commitment?
The professional development comprises:
- preparation for and attendance at a series of four 2-hour online workshops (10am-12pm or 2-4pm) held each fortnight from Wednesday 29 July to Wednesday 9 September
- approximately 10-12 hours of self-paced learning in a Virtual Learning Centre, to develop an online learning strategy and to produce course resources.
Optional: undertake an assessment activity to complete the requirements for TAEDES503 Design and develop e-learning resources.
What are the requirements to participate?
This professional learning is designed for Vocational Education and Training (VET) trainers and assessors and Adult Community Education (ACE) practitioners who:
- Are currently delivering Vocational Education and Training (VET) and/or Adult Community Education (ACE) in South Australia
- Have a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, and some experience in designing and developing print-based learning and assessment resources
- Are motivated to learn how to create a structured and robust approach to designing, developing and delivering online learning and assessment, and facilitating strong relationships with learners to help them succeed
- Are committed to:
- attending and actively participating in up to 8 hours of online workshops
- undertaking around 10-12 hours of self-paced learning to develop an online learning strategy and produce resources for course/s you deliver.
What will I get upon completion of the professional development?
A Certificate of Participation will be provided to everyone who:
- attends all online workshops
- completes the self-paced learning modules.
Participants who complete the program and an (optional) assessment activity will receive a Statement of Attainment for TAEDES503 Design and develop e-learning resources.
This is an elective unit within the Diploma of Vocational Education and Training (TAE50116) and Diploma of Training Design and Development (TAE50216).
Who is delivering the professional development?
Kathy Pillion is the Director, SG Learning and Development, with more than 30 years' experience in managing small and large training organisations and teams of learning development professionals.
SG Learning, and Kathy personally, are recognised for high-quality and innovative delivery of blended and online learning and assessment.
Kathy's qualifications include a Graduate Diploma in Workplace e-learning Support and a Masters in Science (Organisational Performance Improvement and Workplace Learning) at Boise University, Idaho, USA.
Register to attend
Register your interest now.